- Color: Medium intensity, with red tones that denote a low pH and a certain acidity.
- Nose: Clean aroma, of red fruits such as plum or currant. Rock tea. Rhubarb (rhubarb).
- Forest fruit coulis. Mineral, wet slate. Frosted fruit. Iodized notes.
- Mouth: Somewhat marked acidity but without astringency. Its matrix is acidic, with a great intensity of fruit, which gives it originality. It maintains freshness due to its acidity and its aromas. High aromatic persistence. Stimulating in the mouth.
- Unclarified and unfiltered wine to show the Moristel variety in its full expression, without aging with wood.
- The three varieties are harvested prioritizing the fruit over the concentration.
- Selected autochthonous yeasts are used to achieve a greater expression of the Somontano typicity.
- Fermentation at moderate temperatures to preserve the fruity sensation.
- Gentle maceration to achieve a balanced and pleasant wine.
In 1964, the Cooperativa Comarcal de Somontano was established, the germ of the current D.O.P Somontano (1984). In 1993, Bodega Pirineos SA was established with the aim of developing, producing and marketing wines made with the grapes of the 150 winegrowers of the Cooperative. These viticulturists belong to around twenty villages in Somontano and work close to 700 hectares of the most historic dryland vineyard in the area. In 2007 it became part of Grupo Barbadillo. This is how Pyrenees achieves inimitable wines. Solid, original and personal. Wines that succeed all over the world.
- Type of Wine
- Wine Style
Red - Soft Tannins and Subtle Fruit
- Grape Varieties
- Type of Ageing
- Alcohol Content
- Serving Temperature
Ratings and awards
- Prizes and previous ratings
Ham and Sausages,