- Color: Garnet with a purple rim.
- Nose: Expressive aromas and hints of black fruit, prune plums and blueberries.
- Mouth: Pleasant mid palate, with a certain complexity and a pleasant flavor that leaves us with a long memory.
Grape types: Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot
- Difference of 6 weeks between the harvests of the Merlot vineyards and those of Cabernet Sauvignon.
- After destemming and crushing the grapes, they are refrigerated up to 7ºC and remain in maceration for 3 days before beginning alcoholic fermentation.
- After devatting, each of the wines is racked three times before proceeding to the coupage.
- The resulting wine is placed in American oak barrels for aging for four months.
-vinasdelvero.es tells us:
“The agricultural year 2016 can be defined as dry and temperate. Rainfall was below the decade average and unevenly distributed. Autumn was dry, while winter and early spring were very rainy. From May 22 to September 13 we did not have any precipitation. For these reasons, the health status of the grapes was very good, with no complications due to fungal problems. The harvest began on August 24 and ended on October 11, after 49 long days of vintage, something common in Somontano due to the range of varieties, soils and climatic conditions. The 2016 harvest was staggered and unhurried, with just one rainy day, no sanitary problems that altered the normal rhythm, and gradual maturation to good glucose levels. This development of the last part of the vegetative cycle, together with the high degree of health of the grapes, allowed for gradual and leisurely production, taking all the necessary steps to extract the maximum oenological potential. In In general terms, the wines of the 2016 vintage present bright colours, restrained alcoholic degrees, intense aromas and marked flavors with pleasant textures.”
- Type of Wine
- Wine Style
Red - Light & Fruity
- Grape Varieties
- Type of Ageing
- Alcohol Content
- Serving Temperature