The image is only indicative and may show a different vintage to the product, the design may also vary.

Valdueza 2021 1.5L Magnum

15,36 €
tax excl. 12,69 €
  • 1500 ml (Magnum)

- +

Warning: Last items in stock!(16)

New product

  • Valdueza is a red wine produced by the Marqués de Valdueza winery, the excellent result of mixing Cabernet-Sauvignon and Syrah.
  • The wine is produced on the estate "Perales de Valdueza", in the vicinity of Mérida.
  • After analyzing the soil of the estate, selecting the best areas and choosing the varieties that with the help of experts believed were the most suitable for the land, climate and type of wine that was to be created, we proceeded to plant 18 hectares of cabernet sauvignon, syrah and merlot.

By buying this product you can collect up to 32 loyalty points. Your cart will total 32 points that can be converted into a voucher.

Other products in the same category (30)

 

More info about Wine red wine Valdueza 2021 1.5L Magnum - buy wine extremadura

TASTING NOTES

Vista: presents an intense color cassis with purple reflections.
Nose: it is fruity (strawberry, cassis, blackberry cream), floral and resinous (red pepper), spicy (black pepper and cloves).
Palate: the attack is fleshy and the tannin is silky. It is dense, tasty and with a great balance in which its freshness stands out.

HARVEST AND ELABORATION

After analyzing the grapes by "Terroir unit" and having tasted the berries thoroughly and repeatedly, the date of the harvest is fixed. The objective is to harvest and then vinify separately each of the terroir units, that is, each variety on a given soil type with the same behavior throughout the vegetative cycle.

The one is collected manually, in boxes of 15 to 17 kg, so as not to crush the bunches. Then the boxes are stored in a cold room at 6º C for 15 to 30 hours. The next day the boxes are unloaded on a selection table where 6 people remove the grapes of inferior quality (raisined, damaged or secondary bunches), as well as the plant remains (leaves and petioles).

The wine is made with 34% of his older brother Marques de Valdueza and the remaining 66% with which in the future will be Marques de Valdueza but has not yet passed through Barrel.

CURIOSITIES

The evolution has been very positive and for three years, we have made wine and observed its evolution in a nearby winery. Happy with the results, at the beginning of 2006 we finished our own winery and finally we were able to make our wine in it.

The wine is produced on the estate "Perales de Valdueza", in the vicinity of Mérida, Extremadura, framed within the Wines of the Land of Extremadura and is the final result of blending the grape varieties Cabernet-Sauvignon and Syrah.
The estate, which belongs to Alonso Álvarez de Toledo y Urquijo, Marquis of Valdueza, and to the same family for several centuries, has an extension of 18 hectares of vineyards and has been dedicated to the cultivation of the vine for many generations.

The father

of the creature is Dominique Roujou de Boubee. Doctor in Oenology from the University of Bordeaux, Grand Prix of the Amorim Academy for the best oenological research work 2003, and collaborator of masters of the world of wine such as Jean Claude Berrouet and Denis Dubourdieu in France or Álvaro Palacios in Spain.

The winemaker comments about the wine that "the proportions used each year depend on the final characteristics of the harvests, specifically in the case of this red wine of 2006, we have not used one of the varieties that we also grow, the Merlot".

Features

Type of Wine
Red Wine
Wine Style
Red - Light & Fruity
Grape Varieties
Syrah
Type of Ageing
Young
Alcohol Content
14.0%
Serving Temperature
16
Vintage
2021
Presentation
1 bottle

To combine

Pairing
Regional Cuisine, Ham and Sausages, Game Meats, Lamb, Meats

Accessories

Recently Viewed

Menu

QR code

Top