- In the cup presents a color Red garnet, but retains bluish notes that give clues about its freshness.
- In nose A good aromatic intensity is denoted. Highlights include roasted aromas, cocoa and vanilla, combined with memories of ripe fruit, candied cherry and a hint of leather.
- In mouth The wine presents a smooth balance between soft tannins and a present acidity, all wrapped in a fine flesh that turns it into a really tasty wine.
Elaboration and Aging:
Valdubon Crianza is elaborated with Tinta del Pais grape (Tempranillo) from vines with an age of over 40 years. The vinas originated from Valdubon Crianza are distributed by different terms of Ribera del Duero, being Roa, Pardilla and Milagros their main origins. The work done to the vineyard is aimed at obtaining a grape in perfect sanitary condition and the control of yields that guarantee a fruit of high concentration. For this, thinning of clusters is done, leaving an average yield of 7-8 clusters / strain that suppose a Yield less than 5,000 kg / ha. The quality of the grapes is completed by pruning in green, guaranteeing the perfect aeration and sunny of the grapes throughout the ripening process.
A control of maturation of all the plots that supply to Valdubon is realized, establishing the optimum date of harvest for each vina. It controls the evolution of Baume grade, acidity, tannin and color. On the basis of the results obtained, Valdubon Crianza is chosen for those vineyards that stand out for providing high fruit concentration and high phenolic load that ensures a good breeding potential. The cut grape is transferred to the winery as soon as possible, being ground before 10 h from its harvest.
- Gold: Berliner Wine Trophy 2015 - Germany
- Bronze: International Wine &; Spirit Competition 2014 - London, UK
- Type of Wine
- Wine Style
Red - Body and Spicy
- Grape Varieties
- Type of Ageing
- Alcohol Content
- Serving Temperature
Ratings and awards
- Prizes and previous ratings
Gold: Berliner Wein Trophy | Gold: Monde Selection 2012