The image is only indicative and may show a different vintage to the product, the design may also vary.

Dominio de Es Viñas Viejas de Soria 2016

72,21 €
tax excl. 59,68 €
  • 750 ml (Botella)

- +

Warning: Last items in stock!(3)

New product

  • Dominio de Es Viñas Viejas de Soria is a distinguished, refined red wine, made from the quality of a group of plots, considered 'Premier Cru', with pre-phylloxera vines that are organically grown.
  • The grapes are vinified with stems and a percentage of albillo, while the wine is aged in semi-new Burgundian oak barrels for 15 months for an average production of 5,000 bottles.
  • Magnificent fruit flavors, a melting tannin, aromas of cherries in liquor and a lush licorice.

By buying this product you can collect up to 153 loyalty points. Your cart will total 153 points that can be converted into a voucher.

Other products in the same category (30)

Customers who bought this product also bought:

 

More info about Wine red wine Dominio de Es Viñas Viejas de Soria 2016 - buy wines ribera del duero

Tasting Notes:
  • Color: cherry red color, purple edges.
  • Nose: seductive perfume of cherries in liquor and a lush liquorice, with a reminder of raisins and toasted nuances from the barrel.
  • Mouth: magnificent fruit aromas, a melted tannin.



Elaboration and aging:

Quality and quantity were the general tonic in the Es Domain, something that had never been seen in the last 17 years. As a native of the French Loire, Bertrand recalls the great years 70, 82, 90 and 2009 in the neighboring country.

Here it was a special year in every way. The rose bushes sprouted at the end of January in a winter that had disappeared. Not very cold during the months of November, January and February which gave way to good and constant late snowfalls that ended up tidying up the whole vintage.

Budding took place on 29 April and flowering arrived in mid-June. However, it was a cold summer with no rain and significant thermal extremes (the night of 14 July at 5ºC and 3ºC on 12 August).

The rain was a drag until mid-September, but the vines remained compensated and alive in addition to having good and enough grapes spontaneously and naturally.

The 2016 vintage in Dominio de Es:

Harvest in 12 kg boxes from 18th to 22nd October.

Variety: tinto fino 95%, albillo 5%.

Vatting: 28% whole bunches and the rest 72% de-stemmed.

Fermentation: in open wood tanks for 22 days.

Aged for 15 months in Burgundy barrels with 12.5% of new barrels.

Dominio de Es 2016 Viñas Viejas de Soria has a pH of 3.75, a total acidity of 4.43 gr and an alcohol content of 14.

Features

Type of Wine
Red Wine
Wine Style
Red - Light & Fruity
Grape Varieties
Tinto Fino Soriano
Type of Ageing
Alcohol Content
14.5%
Serving Temperature
14
Vintage
2016
Presentation
1 bottle
AporVino Points
96

To combine

Pairing
Cheeses, Appetizers, White Meats, Pasta, Poultry, Ham and Sausages

Menu

QR code

Top