NARQUÉS DE MURRIETA
- From color intense cherry, bright, garnet edge and high layer.
- In nose remember echoes of healthy and ripe red fruit in perfect ripening, ripe plum, spicy notes (licorice, vanilla), violet, balsamic that bring a lot of freshness, all in perfect balance with subtle toasted notes from its passage through the barrel.
- On his way through the palate it is round, fine, of subtle opulence, kind tannins well wrapped, a perfect acidity, good balance game, persistent and with a tasty and long finish.
Elaboration and aging
Own Vinedos located in the Finca Ygay . The vineyards of Ygay occupy an area of 300 hectares surrounding the winery, in the Rioja Alta, with a difference in altitude from 320 meters to 485 meters. Elaborated with the varieties 93% Tempranillo, 4% Mazuelo, 2% Graciano, 1% Garnacha . Harvesting is done manually, the bunches are despalled and squeezed gently. The varieties ferment separately in stainless steel tanks, with temperature control. The encubado has a duration of 8 days during which pumping and punching are carried out, to favor the contact of the must with the skins and to provoke a slow and natural extraction of aromas and polyphenols. After the fermentation the solid parts of the grape are pressed in vertical presses, by means of a smooth and slow process that favors the extraction of the color and mature tannins that they reside in the skin.
Parenting Process : Raised for 2 years in American oak barrels of 225 liters capacity, of which 8 months is spent in new barrels and its aging is finalized with a round of 24 months in the bottle.
MARQUÉS DE RISCAL
- He came from color cherry pretty covered.
- To Rome balsamic and spicy of great complexity, with notes of ripe black fruits and slightly toasted.
- In mouth It has good structure, it is tasty, dense and with round and elegant tannins. The finish is long and fresh, with a slight memory of oak.
Elaboration and aging
The reserves of Marques de Riscal are made, basically, from grapes from vineyards of more than 15 years of the Tempranillo variety, located in the best calcareous clay soils of the Rioja Alavesa. This variety supports well aging in wood and bottle aging thanks to its good acid balance and its fine tannins. The Graciano and Mazuelo varieties, whose percentage in the mix does not exceed 10%, bring freshness and vividness of color. The fermentation is carried out at a controlled temperature of 26ºC with a maceration time that does not exceed 12 days. The reserves of Riscal remain approximately two years in American oak barrels, forming a wine that fits within the canons of La Rioja classicism, fresh, fine, elegant and with a great aging potential. Before going on the market, it has a minimum refining period in the bottle of one year. Aging: 26 months of aging in American oak barrels.
- Type of Wine
- Wine Style
Red - Body and Spicy
- Grape Varieties
- Type of Ageing
- Serving Temperature
Ratings and awards
- Prizes and previous ratings
Gourmet Guide: 8,75/10. Best Booking in Spain under 20 euros.
- AporVino Points
Ham and Sausages,