- Color: Red Picota
- Aroma: Fragrance, discretion and aromatic complexity. Incisive fruity, concentrated and creamy, bursting with aromatic records.
- Taste: Opulent, corporeal and straight on the palate, firm structure, structure, lively, balanced acidity and juicy tannins that invite you to enjoy it.
Development and Aging
- Grape: Tempranillo (94%) and Syrah (6%)
- Aging: 15 months in French and American oak of different ages.
- Vintage: A wet winter allowed vines to accumulate sufficient reserves of water for a warm and slightly dry spring. July and August were fresh at low temperatures. The heat rise in September, with early autumn light and sporadic storms, allowed to harvest between September 15 and October 7, distinguishing profile of a vintage without vegetative stops which coincided alcoholic and phenolic ripeness.
The Winemaker: Mariano Garcia
Mariano Garcia's name needs no introduction. It is without doubt one of the most important winemakers in Spain: after gathering experience working for thirty years in Vega Sicilia, subsequently devoted himself to his projects as an independent winegrower, the wineries Mauro-in Castilla and Leon, Maurodos-in Toro - and Aalto, in the Ribera del Duero. With this background, the premiere of a new vintage of wine signed by Garcia is an event.
- Type of Wine
- Wine Style
Red - Powerful and Bold
- Grape Varieties
- Type of Ageing
- Alcohol Content
- Serving Temperature
Ratings and awards
- Robert Parker
- Prizes and previous ratings
94 Parker (2018) | 93 Peñín (2016)
- AporVino Points