- Color: Bright ruby color and edging with violaceous reflections. Shows average intensity in the cup.
- Nose: Intense and complex with aromas of red fruits and candied blackberries. Carefully integrated French barrel that adds touches to licorice, cloves and roasted nuts.
- Mouth: With body and extraordinary acidity; Polished and round tannin. Notes of black currant, cranberry, plum, pine and bakery. It has a smooth, balanced and persistent mouth pass.
Elaboration and Aging:
Monovarietal of Mencia, Is one of the best expressions of the Mencia del Bierzo , from Own vineyards with more than 60 years , Planted to 650 meters of altitude in moderate undulations on clay-limestone soils with a slate mantle. The vintage was manual in boxes of 15kg. Once the clusters arrived at the winery, they passed through the selection table, destemmed without squeezing and were hidden in deposits of 10,000 and 20,000 liters. Fermentation lasts for 25 days at 28ºC with natural yeasts, with 3 daily re-assemblages to obtain greater extraction and concentration. This Bierzo wine, was transferred by gravity to new and used French oak barrels where I made the fermentation Malolactic and its posterior Breeding for 9 months . Once bottled, it will still rest for 6 months in the bottle.
- Top 100 Wine Spectator (2015)
- Silver Medal Decanter Asia Wine Awards (2015)
- 94 points Wine Enthusiast Magazine (2015)
- 92 points Penin Guide (2015)
- 95+ points Decanter (2013)
- Silver medal Concours Mondial Bruxelles (2013)
- Concours Mondial Bruxelles Gold Medal (2011)
- Gold Medal Vinalies (2011)
- Silver Medal International Wine Challenge (2011)
- 92 points Parker (2011)
- Type of Wine
- Wine Style
Red - Soft Tannins and Subtle Fruit
- Grape Varieties
- Type of Ageing
- Alcohol Content
- Serving Temperature
Ratings and awards
- Prizes and previous ratings
90 Paker (2016) | 92 Parker (2007) | 91 Peñín (2015) | 92 Peñín (2007) | 94 Peñín (2006),
Tanzer 91 points
- AporVino Points
Pates or Foie Gras,
Ham and Sausages